Research and Brief
- Receive, appraise and report on the client’s requirements with particular regard to site information, planning and statutory regulations and budget.
- Undertake a measured and photographic survey of the areas to be remodelled.
- Gain an understanding of the space, how the client wishes it to operate and grow.
Advise the client on:
- Procedures to meet their requirements.
- The need for the appointment of consultants.
- Methods of contracting.
- Prepare a design concept in broad outline showing intended space provisions, planning relationships and materials and services intended to be used.
- Advise the client on:
-The technical and functional characteristics of the project as proposed.
-Estimated costs in relation to the budget.
-Anticipated project program.
- With the feedback provided, prepare a design showing:
- Space provisions.
- Planning relationships.
- Standards of materials intended to be used.
- Sample material proposals.
- Standards and suitability of services, in sufficient detail, to enable the concept to be approved by yourself.
- Prepare drawings and documentation i.e. working drawings, specifications and other technical documents necessary to assist in the execution of the works.
- Prepare a specification document showing:
-Shop fitting detailing
- Provide sample boards showing all suggested finishes and fittings illustrated in the document.
Contract Admin and Inspection
- Obtain offers for the execution of the works and advise the client regarding the award of the building contract / Obtain quotations for the execution of the works and advise the client regarding the appointment of sub contractors / contractors.
- Prepare contract documentation and arrange the signing thereof.
- Administer and perform the duties assigned to the interior designer in the building contract.
- Provide the client with as-built drawing, certificates, relevant technical data and guarantees from suppliers on completion of the works.